lizjensen001

abe

DIC

kolektor

Most Viewed Topics
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
United States Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
BNSP Auction
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Philippine Gold Coins
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
Most active topic starters
al.plata

filipinonumismatist

josie

lizjensen001

Kalookan

nic

abe

DIC

Rudi Smits

edbsbc78

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:47 am

the 1974 25.00 peso central bank silver commemorative coin is clearly a 50% silver content peso. the average london silver price is $4.391 and the exchange rate is 7.00 to one dollar. that 1974 peso silver content is then valued at 23.77 peso. the central bank exchange for collectors at face value. that's mean the cost of that silver peso will worth only at least half. and the way to do it. is to use 50% only. remember we also have fabrication cost, administration cost, packaging cost and shipment cost. and that silver peso can easily toned due to 50% silver content. krause book initially stated at 50%. then went back to 90% and back to 40% and finally settled at 90%. which is terribly wrong. during 1982-83. ask mang totoy. 1974 silver peso cost 45.00 peso. and the 1903 cost 60.00. again. it clearly a 50% silver peso. why not 30 peso instead. it's half. isn't it?. but remember a 50% silver peso or dollar always have a premium of 50%. and it should be uncirculated only.
Back to top Go down
vensinton

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:03 pm

tracy1947 wrote:
i thought central bank of the phillipines produces coins. the one located at b.f. harrison. is that obsolete already. when i was there. during 1975 to 1982. the central bank produced all the bayong lipunan paper notes and circulating coins. because the commemorative silver coins mintage were so mininal. maybe they just let the franklin mint do it. and those packaging is very beautiful and presentable. unfortunately the franklin mint is gone. then came the pobjoy mint. i don't like it.

if central bank want to produce the future silver commemorative coins or bullion coins. they can do it. just buy the machinery. the facility is already there. isn't it?. and we need collectors in the philippines to support it.

go go philippine eagle on the obverse and philippine seal on the reverse. one ounce silver .999 fine. 40.6 diameter. same with that of american eagle. make it yearly. proof and burnished uncirculated with nice, presentable box and certificate of authenticity. and bullion version for common people, young and newcomers.

p.s. be sure that the quality is very important. nowadays, people are collecting proof70, 69 as well as MS70, 69. even the bullion should be those grades as well. so that we can compete with others around the world.

Assuming the price of silver remains at $35/ounce, and a silver peso coin released by BSP contains 1/4 oz of silver, I think regardless of purity, the average collector will find it difficult to even afford one even at cost; more yet, the added premium for producing such coin. Demand talaga ang problem. Economies of scale is not possible with so few people having that purchasing power and at the same time, interest in collecting coins. The least we have to pay for a coin with that silver content would probably be 500 Pesos if there is enough demand to feed thousands and thousands of hungry consumers. But without enough demand, I don't think BSP can sell it at the least possible price. They will have to pump the price s much higher to make it profitable. But with higher prices, people will look for the well-established alternatives in the market, mainly Canadian, American, and Australian Mint. It's an expensive challenge to compete with the big renowned mints.

As for bullion coins... it's a luxury most of us can't afford. Sorry for being too pessimistic about this. I think the time will come -- just not yet. I am very hopeful though. Smile
Back to top Go down
ericgo

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:44 pm

tracy1947 wrote:
the 1974 25.00 peso central bank silver commemorative coin is clearly a 50% silver content peso. the average london silver price is $4.391 and the exchange rate is 7.00 to one dollar. that 1974 peso silver content is then valued at 23.77 peso. the central bank exchange for collectors at face value. that's mean the cost of that silver peso will worth only at least half. and the way to do it. is to use 50% only. remember we also have fabrication cost, administration cost, packaging cost and shipment cost. and that silver peso can easily toned due to 50% silver content. krause book initially stated at 50%. then went back to 90% and back to 40% and finally settled at 90%. which is terribly wrong. during 1982-83. ask mang totoy. 1974 silver peso cost 45.00 peso. and the 1903 cost 60.00. again. it clearly a 50% silver peso. why not 30 peso instead. it's half. isn't it?. but remember a 50% silver peso or dollar always have a premium of 50%. and it should be uncirculated only.

here we go again. this issue has been debated about previously and yet despite NGC, Krauss and BSP saying that the coin is 90% silver, you insist it is 50% silver.

You must be an expert on this particular coin despite the weight of this particular coin indicates it is 90% Silver and NOT 50%. BSP also issued some of these coins in blue cases with information indicating fineness, mintage etc. but they must be wrong because you said so.
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:24 pm

the blue case is for collectors with higher price and premium attached. that one is a proof coin. that could be a 90%. but 90,000 pc for general public at face value. that is clearly a 50% content. during early years. krause book indicated .402 oz silver content, 50%. in 1982-83 period when i was there. 1974 cost 45.00 peso. while 1961-69 cost 60.00 peso. then the krause book keep changing the silver content back and forth during 1990's. i wrote to krause book and they able to change back. but later they change it again. we were on line with other collectors to buy that coin during 1974. will the central losing money on those coins to sell us?. think about it. losing some 30%. when the clerk used her hands counting the coins without using gloves. nobody can say anything including me. then the finger's print attached it and never evaporate. thus causing those brilliant uncirculated changes color rapidly. because that is only a 50% silver coin. and that is why i sold them all. 19pc. the limit is 10 pc. but i asked a person at my front to buy 9 pc more. cause he only bought one. later years during 1980's. 1974 silver peso keep changing hands. cause nobody like it. you can research krause book during early 1980's.

p.s. i never contact krause book again since 1980's. cause i am busy dealing and buying american coins. before i used to write them regarding new philiipine coinage. send them photos. tell them all the varieties exist on philippine coinage during 1975 to 1982. like large date, small date and others. update the mintage. etc.
Back to top Go down
ericgo

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:20 am

the proof and uncirculated coins are exactly the same with regards to weigh and dimensions.

it is a foolish task to research a krauss catalog back in the early 1980's since they continuously update their catalog with THE LATEST INFORMATION

so far you keep claiming this particular coin to be 50% silver but you never really show any proof. Some concrete proof might be helpful to lend yourself some credibility about this matter. It is very difficult to take you seriously especially since the reputable TPGs indicate they are 90% silver.
Back to top Go down
al.plata

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:35 am

please keep your cool.. it is good that questioned things are bought out for discussions and we just have to wait until undeniable proof or perfect evidence is shown.. remember, we are all discussing future coin bullion for the philippines which we are all waiting for. anyway, if i get hold of one of this coins in a very cheap price then i will have it subject to laboratory test and analysis by two most reliable institutions in the country (philippine institute of pure and applied chemistry/pipac and the metallurgical laboratory of dost, i will also include the questioned 1936 commemorative coin). with the current issuance of silver bullion with documentation re mintage, metal content, mint, etc.. these questions will be a thing of the past..
Back to top Go down
vensinton

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:28 pm

ericgo wrote:
the proof and uncirculated coins are exactly the same with regards to weigh and dimensions.

it is a foolish task to research a krauss catalog back in the early 1980's since they continuously update their catalog with THE LATEST INFORMATION

so far you keep claiming this particular coin to be 50% silver but you never really show any proof. Some concrete proof might be helpful to lend yourself some credibility about this matter. It is very difficult to take you seriously especially since the reputable TPGs indicate they are 90% silver.

I'm not really sure what's being talked about here. I didn't really understand his claims that well. All I know is, it is possible to have silver and non-silver coins of the same denomination and year. For example, here in Canada, we have proof silver dollars and BU dollars. These encased 'not-meant-to-be' circulated coins issued by the Canadian Mint are similar in design and everything, except in size and metal content. The proof one is 50% silver, while the other is not silver at all and smaller in size.

On the other hand, in the US, they have circulated coins with proof versions, which are similar in size, but totally different in metal-content. I'm not sure whether they weigh the same. All I know is they look almost similar, with only the proof having that elegant frosty finish and 50% silver content.
Back to top Go down
ericgo

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:01 pm

vensinton wrote:
I'm not really sure what's being talked about here. I didn't really understand his claims that well. All I know is, it is possible to have silver and non-silver coins of the same denomination and year. For example, here in Canada, we have proof silver dollars and BU dollars. These encased 'not-meant-to-be' circulated coins issued by the Canadian Mint are similar in design and everything, except in size and metal content. The proof one is 50% silver, while the other is not silver at all and smaller in size.

On the other hand, in the US, they have circulated coins with proof versions, which are similar in size, but totally different in metal-content. I'm not sure whether they weigh the same. All I know is they look almost similar, with only the proof having that elegant frosty finish and 50% silver content.

yes. i've actually come across a few canadian uncirculated coins that are 50% silver and the proof being 92.5% silver with differences in weight. The 1974 25th anniversary of the BSP 25 peso coin has an uncirculated and proof version but both are of the same weight and size. Therefore as i pointed out in the past and now, that it is impossible for one to be 50% silver and another to be 90% silver simply because one is proof and another is uncirculated if they weigh the same.

The 1974 25 peso coin in fact weighs in at 26.4 grams where in the verified 50% silver 25 peso pieces from 1975 to 1981 weigh in at 25 grams. Both coins are 38mm in diameter and the thickness is the same.

Al, it is hard to keep your cool when someone spreads misinformation about coins without showing any proof whatsoever. It has been discussed before and like before i've asked for concrete proof to put the issue to rest but of course none can be provided. Now the issue is being resurrected again in a different thread again with the same misinformation and again with NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER
Back to top Go down
vensinton

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:59 pm

ericgo wrote:
vensinton wrote:

yes. i've actually come across a few canadian uncirculated coins that are 50% silver and the proof being 92.5% silver with differences in weight. The 1974 25th anniversary of the BSP 25 peso coin has an uncirculated and proof version but both are of the same weight and size. Therefore as i pointed out in the past and now, that it is impossible for one to be 50% silver and another to be 90% silver simply because one is proof and another is uncirculated if they weigh the same.

The 1974 25 peso coin in fact weighs in at 26.4 grams where in the verified 50% silver 25 peso pieces from 1975 to 1981 weigh in at 25 grams. Both coins are 38mm in diameter and the thickness is the same.

Al, it is hard to keep your cool when someone spreads misinformation about coins without showing any proof whatsoever. It has been discussed before and like before i've asked for concrete proof to put the issue to rest but of course none can be provided. Now the issue is being resurrected again in a different thread again with the same misinformation and again with NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER

Haha, not everyone understands these things. It really depends on the depth of your experience in coins. Some people don't even know what a proof is like; and how it differs from a circulated coin. And yes, of course, it's almost impossible to have the same coin of the same size with the same weight if metal contents are different. Good fabricated coins usually come near this sort of thing; thus, sometimes only an experienced person has the ability to detect them.

As for Canadian coins, there are no circulated 'silver dollars' with proof versions, where the circulated is 50% and the proof is 925. The last circulated silver dollar was in 1967 - and it was 80% silver. After that, all circulated dollar coins were made of nickel. Then they began producing 50% proof silver dollars for the purpose of collecting in 1971, which had its silver content increased to 925 in 1992. Then, so on...

Sorry off-topic. I'll stop here.
Back to top Go down
ericgo

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:32 pm

vensinton wrote:
Haha, not everyone understands these things. It really depends on the depth of your experience in coins. Some people don't even know what a proof is like; and how it differs from a circulated coin. And yes, of course, it's almost impossible to have the same coin of the same size with the same weight if metal contents are different. Good fabricated coins usually come near this sort of thing; thus, sometimes only an experienced person has the ability to detect them.

As for Canadian coins, there are no circulated 'silver dollars' with proof versions, where the circulated is 50% and the proof is 925. The last circulated silver dollar was in 1967 - and it was 80% silver. After that, all circulated dollar coins were made of nickel. Then they began producing 50% proof silver dollars for the purpose of collecting in 1971, which had its silver content increased to 925 in 1992. Then, so on...

Sorry off-topic. I'll stop here.

i love collecting the pre 1967 canadian silver dollars and everytime i find some here in the Philippines i just need to buy them. One of the nicest designs i've seen on a circulating canadian coin is the Canadian Coat of Arms on the 50 cent piece. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:55 am

new philippine peso released in commemorate the 150th birthday of dr. jose rizal.

http://daddyjoey.com/2011/12/new-philippine-one-peso-coin/

the mint should have minted silver and gold coins to commemorate dr. jose rizal. i wonder not at this time.

Last edited by tracy1947 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:02 am

the original drawing looks beautiful and magnificent. but the actual minted coin not so.

http://tatess.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-one-peso-coin.html

i prefer the full philippine eagle shown. like the u.s. walking liberty reverse.
Back to top Go down
josie

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:45 am

tracy1947 wrote:
the original drawing looks beautiful and magnificent. but the actual minted coin not so.

http://tatess.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-one-peso-coin.html

i prefer the full philippine eagle shown. like the u.s. walking liberty reverse.

Maybe by stages,hope it will happen in the future,if the wind changes and Philippine eagle take its flight.
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:27 am

reverse should look like this one.

KM-242.1 50 Sentimos (Copper-Nickel) : 1983-1990
Obv: Bare head of Marcello H Del Pilar left
REPUBLIKA NG PILIPINAS date MARCELLO H DEL PILAR
Rev: Monkey-eating Eagle flying right
50 SENTIMOS PITHECOPHAGA JEFFERYI

http://www.treasurerealm.com/coinpapers/countrycoins/coins/P/philipp09.html

http://www.treasurerealm.com/coinpapers/countrycoins/coins/P/philipp09_R.html
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:13 am

current, latest and future issues of coin books.

standard catalog of world coins:
2012 issue, 1601-1700 5th edition, published date 12/13/2011
2011 issue, 1701-1800 5th edition, published date 12/16/2010
2010 issue, 1801-1900 6th edition, published date 12/08/2009
2013 issue, 1901-2000 40th edition, published date 06/30/2012, $43.21
2013 issue, 2001-present, 6th edition, published date 07/13/2012, $29.24

standard catalog of world paper money:
2013 issue, 1961-present, 18th edition, published date 02/28/2012, $44.10

collecting world coins:
2012 issue, 1901-present, 13th edition, published date 02/28/2011

north american coins & prices:
2013 issue, 22nd edition, published date 08/12/2012

two books are still not available until middle of this year are 2013 standard catalog of world coins from 1901- and 2001-. these two books might use the spot silver ranging from $26.00 to $48.00 per ounce. while older version were using spot silver at $18.00 and below per ounce. that's outdated. i will buy those two books. and check the u.s. philippine silver coins latest prices.
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:33 am

philippines 1947s peso and half peso 2 coin silver set sold for $60.00 at e-bay.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=philippines+1947s+2+coin+set&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:14 am

by next month. i will be receiving 4 c d that i placed order last month from amazon. those c d will be the:

2013 standard catalog of world coins 1901 to 2000 - c d version
2013 standard catalog of world coins 2001 to present - c d version
2013 standard catalog of world paper money, modern issues - c d version
2013 north american coins and prices - c d version
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:10 pm

received 2 out of 4 c.d. yesterday. i was discouraged. the 2013 18th edition of the world paper money does not include new philippine currency issued by the central bank of the philippines. and the 2013 world coins for philippine silver peso coinage dated from 1903 to 1912. prices were either stable or down. at lower grade like fine condition. some years prices were even disappeared. that's mean bullion value.

still waiting for two other cd's. delivery date set by end of july and august respectively.
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:18 am

2013 world coins catalog shown 1978 philippine commemorative 8 piece proof set at us$2,950.00 a set. that might be a mistake........

in term of peso value - about 125,000 peso. what a jackpot?.
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:39 am

do philippines produce any modern commemorative silver peso from year 2000 to present time?. if so. please indicate it. thanks. write down event, year, mintage, condition, silver content, and price. thanks again.
Back to top Go down
lendingwanted

PostSubject: coin   Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:52 am

"Barya lang po s umaga"..a Phrase that reminds me of how important the coins are.
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 pm

based on $32.00 per ounce of silver and 2013 krause world coins catalog. here are the philippines silver peso coins prices:

1903 - ABP - $25.00, VG - $26.50, F - $27.50, VF - $30.00, XF - $45.00
1903s - ABP - $25.00, VG - $25.75, F - $26.50, VF - $27.50, XF - $40.00
1904s - ABP - $25.00, VG - $25.75, F - $26.50, VF - $27.50, XF - $35.00
1905s - ABP - $25.00, VG - $26.50, F - $27.50, VF - $35.00, XF - $50.00 (straight)
1905s - ABP - $25.00, VG - $27.50, F - $35.00, VF - $50.00, XF - $75.00 (curved)
1906s - ABP-$300.00,VG-$600.00,F-$1,000.00,VF-$1,600.00,XF-$3,000.00

1907s - ABP - $16.50, VG - $17.00, F - $17.50, VF - $18.00, XF - $20.00
1908s - ABP - $16.50, VG - $17.00, F - $17.50, VF - $18.00, XF - $20.00
1909s - ABP - $16.50, VG - $17.00, F - $17.50, VF - $18.00, XF - $25.00
1910s - ABP - $16.50, VG - $17.00, F - $17.50, VF - $20.00, XF - $25.00
1911s - ABP - $16.50, VG - $18.00, F - $30.00, VF - $45.00, XF - $90.00
1912s - ABP - $16.50, VG - $25.00, F - $45.00, VF - $55.00, XF-$125.00
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:44 pm

based on $28.75 per ounce of silver. here are the philippines silver peso coins prices: updated as of march 26,2013 morning.

1903 - ABP - $24.00, VG - $25.75, F - $27.50, VF - $30.00, XF - $45.00
1903s - ABP - $24.00, VG - $24.75, F - $25.75, VF - $27.50, XF - $40.00
1904s - ABP - $24.00, VG - $24.75, F - $25.75, VF - $27.50, XF - $35.00
1905s - ABP - $24.00, VG - $25.75, F - $27.50, VF - $35.00, XF - $50.00 (straight)
1905s - ABP - $24.00, VG - $27.50, F - $35.00, VF - $50.00, XF - $75.00 (curved)
1906s - ABP-$300.00,VG-$600.00,F-$1,000.00,VF-$1,600.00,XF-$3,000.00

1907s - ABP - $15.50, VG - $16.50, F - $17.50, VF - $18.00, XF - $20.00
1908s - ABP - $15.50, VG - $16.50, F - $17.50, VF - $18.00, XF - $20.00
1909s - ABP - $15.50, VG - $16.50, F - $17.50, VF - $18.00, XF - $25.00
1910s - ABP - $15.50, VG - $16.50, F - $17.50, VF - $20.00, XF - $25.00
1911s - ABP - $15.50, VG - $17.50, F - $30.00, VF - $45.00, XF - $90.00
1912s - ABP - $15.50, VG - $25.00, F - $45.00, VF - $55.00, XF-$125.00
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Tue May 07, 2013 9:28 pm

i think the 1903-05 philippine us silver peso fine condition can easily worth 1,200.00 peso right now in state. is that right?.
Back to top Go down
abe

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   Tue May 07, 2013 10:25 pm

at about P900-P1,100 in fine condition
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Future Bullion Coins   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next