HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Top posters
al.plata
 
tracy1947
 
filipinonumismatist
 
ericgo
 
josie
 
lizjensen001
 
abe
 
DIC
 
Newbie
 
kolektor
 
Most Viewed Topics
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
United States Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
Philippine Gold Coins
BNSP Auction
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
el banco español filipino de isabel II (1852, 1865)
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
Most active topic starters
al.plata
 
filipinonumismatist
 
josie
 
lizjensen001
 
Kalookan
 
nic
 
abe
 
DIC
 
Rudi Smits
 
edbsbc78
 

Share | 
 

 Auction Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
richardthebrave



Posts : 76
Points : 28734
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Auction Results   Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:44 pm

i am pretty sure the one with the proof-like version with velvet box and certificate is the version with 90% content. i have 4 of them stashed. Very Happy



can't say the same for the version without those. which while reading your discussions here gives me doubt on my 5th one that i bought without the accessories and certificate scratch
Back to top Go down
ericgo

avatar

Posts : 197
Points : 40092
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Auction Results   Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:45 pm

@Richard - is that the 25 peso coin? the only bsp coin that i know of that has the velvet box is the 500 peso version?
Back to top Go down
richardthebrave



Posts : 76
Points : 28734
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Auction Results   Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:55 pm

ericgo wrote:
@Richard - is that the 25 peso coin? the only bsp coin that i know of that has the velvet box is the 500 peso version?


ah oo tama ka, my bad. the 5th one is the 25 peso version. my other 4 coins with velvet box is the 500 peso version

lol!
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

avatar

Posts : 279
Points : 51589
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Auction Results   Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:58 pm

one more thing to consider is the average price of silver in 1974 is $4.391 per ounce. and the exchange rate is 7.07 peso to a dollar. or 31.04 peso per ounce.

now 90% silver content at 26.4 gram will come out 23.71 peso for each 25 peso silver coin.

50% silver content at 25.0 gram will come out 12.48 peso for each 25 peso silver coin.

during 1961 to 1964. face value is one peso. the central bank sell them for 3 peso. or 200% over face value.

if you say the 25 peso silver coin is 90%. then the central is break even. if you say it's 50%. then central bank get 100% profit.

now. let say the proof version is 90%. the central bank sell them at a big premium. isn't it?. so the central bank get a good profit. but for uncirculated version with 90,000 pc can the central bank just sell it without making profit. what about the production cost, fabrication cost, management cost, and the shipping and packaging cost?. the silver melting value is already near 25 peso.

Back to top Go down
ericgo

avatar

Posts : 197
Points : 40092
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Auction Results   Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:32 pm

tracy1947 wrote:
one more thing to consider is the average price of silver in 1974 is $4.391 per ounce. and the exchange rate is 7.07 peso to a dollar. or 31.04 peso per ounce.

so you're saying that to mint a coin to be released in 1974, you buy silver in 1974?

tracy1947 wrote:

now 90% silver content at 26.4 gram will come out 23.71 peso for each 25 peso silver coin.

50% silver content at 25.0 gram will come out 12.48 peso for each 25 peso silver coin.

based on the average silver prices for the whole year of 1974

tracy1947 wrote:

during 1961 to 1964. face value is one peso. the central bank sell them for 3 peso. or 200% over face value.

and that has nothing to do with the 1974 25 peso coin being 50% or 90% silver.

tracy1947 wrote:

if you say the 25 peso silver coin is 90%. then the central is break even. if you say it's 50%. then central bank get 100% profit.

break even assuming that they bought the silver in 1974. but if they bought the silver in 1973 which averages at around $2.50/oz then they made a lot of money.

tracy1947 wrote:

now. let say the proof version is 90%. the central bank sell them at a big premium. isn't it?. so the central bank get a good profit. but for uncirculated version with 90,000 pc can the central bank just sell it without making profit. what about the production cost, fabrication cost, management cost, and the shipping and packaging cost?. the silver melting value is already near 25 peso.

this is assuming that they sold the proof versions at a premium.
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

avatar

Posts : 279
Points : 51589
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Auction Results   Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:42 pm

pleased check the 1986 krause book.
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

avatar

Posts : 279
Points : 51589
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Auction Results   Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:35 pm

gold all time record high is $1,629.60 an ounce.

when i go back to the philippines. i might just buy two to three pieces of 1974 25 peso. this is the only philippines commemorative that i don't have. because of discrepancy. anywhere. gold and silver should continue its uptrend. hopefully every philippines collector's keep all their coin collection. don't sell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Auction Results   

Back to top Go down
 
Auction Results
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» So. Calif. Antique Radio Auction, Feb 19th
» Cottees Poole Pottery Auction
» 20th Century Art & Design Auction - Illinois, USA
» Shiloh's results
» Are you Seme or Uke? Take the quiz and post your results

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Coins & Banknotes :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum