lizjensen001

abe

DIC

kolektor

Most Viewed Topics
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
United States Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
Philippine Gold Coins
BNSP Auction
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
el banco español filipino de isabel II (1852, 1865)
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
Most active topic starters
al.plata

filipinonumismatist

josie

lizjensen001

Kalookan

nic

abe

DIC

Rudi Smits

edbsbc78

Share | 

Metal Prices

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
al.plata

PostSubject: Metal Prices   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:38 am

Metal prices rising. The local coin market reacts differently and unpredictably. Sometimes it is better to just wait and see. It is easier to get the right prices when the metal values are somewhat settled. I try to evaluate the price increases and allow a small margin for the asking price of the dealers. Since prices are very high nowadays, it is scary when it falls again and you have already bought coins at very high prices.
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Metal Prices   Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:58 am

silver price might have to go up to around $44.00 to $47.00 before some mild correction again. then possible another up turn and break through $50.00 area again within this year. some even predicted silver could hit $100.00 an ounce more or less. it certainly depend on world events and china and india continue buying gold and silver against inflation.

gold high - $1,489.30/oz.
silver high - $43.07/oz.

Last edited by tracy1947 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:05 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Metal Prices   Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:09 am

don't afraid of any mild correction. buy on dip. gold is expected to reach $1,565.00 in 2011. and $1,690.00 for 2012. that's 10% increase for 2011 and 8% increase for 2012. which are considered very small increases and conservatively. remember 2010. gold up a lot. silver should continue to follow gold uptrend for these two years. up how much?. it's hard to predict silver. some said at least $50.00 for 2011. some said more than that. beside silver is really in short supply. industrial demand couple with china and the rest of the world buying for safe haven purpose. i would said that within two years. silver coins can still make double. but be very careful when reaching that area. for me. i am a collector. i might not sell anything. not because of silver or gold. it's because i like to collect coins. that's my hobby. or else if i am after the profit. i might sell them long time ago. and now that those metals are up. i got nothing. see this video below.

http://www.kitco.com/Exclusive-News/

Market Nuggets: Goldman Looks For Further Gains In Gold During 2011 But Peak In 2012

15 April 2011, 11:18 a.m.
By Kitco News

(Kitco News) -- Goldman Sachs says it looks for gold to continue rallying in 2011 as quantitative easing keeps U.S. real interest rates low. “We continue to view the persistently low level of U.S. real interest rates as the primary driver of our bullish outlook for gold over the next 12 months, with U.S. dollar-denominated gold prices expected to peak in 2012 when rising U.S. real interest rates remove this fundamental support,” Goldman says. “Importantly, our bullish view of gold prices has not been based on the expectation of substantial inflation in the near term, but instead on our US economists’ forecast for U.S. inflation to remain relatively subdued, averaging 2.5% in 2011 and 1.6% in 2012. Clearly, a higher level of inflation would present upside risk to our gold price.” In a research report released Friday, Goldman’s gold forecasts are $1,565 and $1,690 per ounce in six and 12 months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Prices   Today at 3:44 am

Back to top Go down

Metal Prices
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1