lizjensen001

abe

DIC

kolektor

Most Viewed Topics
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
United States Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
Philippine Gold Coins
BNSP Auction
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
el banco español filipino de isabel II (1852, 1865)
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
Most active topic starters
al.plata

filipinonumismatist

josie

lizjensen001

Kalookan

nic

abe

DIC

Rudi Smits

edbsbc78

Share | 

Some Answers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
al.plata

PostSubject: Some Answers   Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:27 pm

That Book by Basso re Philippine coins is well talked about but I never saw a copy. I just hope that somebody will be willing to lend a copy so we can "xerox' it. The coin auction today conducted by Bayanihan was successful in the sense that a lot of bidders were around and most of the items were sold. However, I was again exasperated since some coin prices really went up, and I have to go home with only eight coins from my target of forty. I talked with some officials and asked about the the "counterfeits and fakes" and was told that once in a while it pops up in the local scene. Coin stores here in Metro Manila are JC Coins and Antiques at the Lifestyle Center in Green Hills, World Treasures at 4th floor Mega Mall and at Car Park, Ground Floor, SM North and De Jesus Variety Store at Recto-Mendiola, Manila. The coin picturess posted by richardthebrave are very beautiful. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
richardthebrave

PostSubject: Re: Some Answers   Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:55 pm

al.plata wrote:
That Book by Basso re Philippine coins is well talked about but I never saw a copy. I just hope that somebody will be willing to lend a copy so we can "xerox' it. The coin auction today conducted by Bayanihan was successful in the sense that a lot of bidders were around and most of the items were sold. However, I was again exasperated since some coin prices really went up, and I have to go home with only eight coins from my target of forty. I talked with some officials and asked about the the "counterfeits and fakes" and was told that once in a while it pops up in the local scene. Coin stores here in Metro Manila are JC Coins and Antiques at the Lifestyle Center in Green Hills, World Treasures at 4th floor Mega Mall and at Car Park, Ground Floor, SM North and De Jesus Variety Store at Recto-Mendiola, Manila. The coin picturess posted by richardthebrave are very beautiful. Thanks.

glad to know you made it to the auctions. unfortunately, i woke very late this day (around lunchtime) so i wasn't able to go there.

i noticed that too, most of the coins i used to buy suddenly jumped in prices. i might pass by JC Coins again soon, depending on my schedule.
Back to top Go down
Kalookan

PostSubject: Re: Some Answers   Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:41 am

al.plata: How were the paper money prices at this auction? I know that prices for coins are going up, up. But what about the prices for notes at Bayanihan today?

Kalookan
Back to top Go down
Kalookan

PostSubject: Re: Some Answers   Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:45 am

There are two editions of Basso. Both are roughly 25 to 30 plus years old, so the prices there are way out of date. However, the book is an excellent source of reference information, especially on medals.

I wish I had a copy to lend. These books have become rarities themselves!
Back to top Go down
richardthebrave

PostSubject: Re: Some Answers   Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:31 am

the one i have is already a photocopy and it's the 1st volume (from spanish times to 1974). i can't find a seller of the second volume unfortunately. Shocked
Back to top Go down
richardthebrave

PostSubject: Re: Some Answers   Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:45 am

al.plata wrote:
That Book by Basso re Philippine coins is well talked about but I never saw a copy. I just hope that somebody will be willing to lend a copy so we can "xerox' it.

why photocopy when you can buy? hehe. it seems someone heard your request and is selling 3 copies of it. mind you, i bought from the same person and i think what he is selling are photocopied ones already. but if you do not mind the price for a hardbound, photocopied version then by all means buy this.

http://cgi.ebay.ph/BOOK-Coin-Medal-Token-Philippines-1728-1974-Note-US-/150570324746?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_211&hash=item230eb0d30a#ht_1036wt_1139
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Some Answers   Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:04 pm

forget above that book. that's obsolete. the auction results are really the new prices of philippines coins today. the supply and demand in charged. well. some one of you might write a new book with those results as a guide.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Answers   Today at 9:36 pm

Back to top Go down

Some Answers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1