lizjensen001

abe

DIC

kolektor

Most Viewed Topics
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
United States Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
Philippine Gold Coins
BNSP Auction
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
el banco español filipino de isabel II (1852, 1865)
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
Most active topic starters
al.plata

filipinonumismatist

josie

lizjensen001

Kalookan

nic

abe

DIC

Rudi Smits

edbsbc78

Share | 

From where you get your new coins?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bantayan

PostSubject: From where you get your new coins?   Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Hello I am new here but i am collecting coins allready my whole live. Since i am living in the Phillippins i try to start my collection of all coins who was circulating in the philippines.

In europe ( i´am german) its easy there are plenty of sellers, Flea markets where you find often some nice coins but here in the Philippines its hard to get them. Only Buying on Ebay.com is boring in my Opinion. So i startet Searching in the citys to small private Dealers at the street. Often they offer Morgan Fakes but sometimes you could get there some interessing coins.

One of my other Sources are Bullion dealer who buy and Sell gold and silver. Very often i get there the old 1 peso coins 1903-1912 for only 325 Peso each. Some times some rare ones but mostly common silver ones.

At last i put for 2 Years a big sign to my House in buying old invalid coins & bills. I guess that was the funnies thing i have ever done and i never belive that in a small town wher i live in two years i get arround 8000 old coins from all the world. Sure the most are common ones but i get also some very old and rare silver coins.

The best what i get was a 10 Centavo 1910 for 5 Peso.

What i am missing here are Banks who are selling Bullion Coins. Maybe tehere are some but then i never found them. If somebody knows banks who sell coins i´am happy about every Information

How did you hunt your coins. Till today i never found a coin shop in the philippines. If there are some please give me the adresse, and landline nummber i will visit them.

Bantayan

Back to top Go down
http://www.bantayan-island.net/
fireandice223

PostSubject: Re: From where you get your new coins?   Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi Bantayan,

Nice topic! I'm also interested on this. I started collecting when I was in college. Back then, I got a few ones from the street vendors in Colon St, Cebu. I even tried out Carbon Market back then to check out some gold-and-silver buyers, and this is where I bought my first dos mundos/pillar dollars (which I now discovered to be forgeries).

I'm no longer in Cebu, so I could not say which shops are selling coins; although I believe that antique shops COULD be selling some old ones.
Back to top Go down
Bantayan

PostSubject: Re: From where you get your new coins?   Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:19 pm

There are nor more Antique Shops in complete cebu. Even in Carcar are all closed only one not. the vendors near Carbon Market i never tryed. But thats a good tryout. Will check that the next days when i am in cebu.
Back to top Go down
24kcollector

PostSubject: Old coins market   Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:58 am

Hey there. If you haven't check this out, there is an old coins and bank note antique shop in Tiendesitas, Pasig City Philippines. My last visit there was 2 yrs ago but I'm sure its still there. I hope this helps you.
Back to top Go down
Bantayan

PostSubject: Re: From where you get your new coins?   Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:51 pm

Sure that helps

when i go to the next auction i will try to find it and in the map it looks like on the way. Thanks a lot mayby one of the other members knows if it is still there. if not i will try it out next month.
Back to top Go down
24kcollector

PostSubject: Tiendesitas, Pasig   Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:14 pm

You can tell the taxi driver to bring you there. Most of them knows that location because its a commercial center.
Back to top Go down
filipinonumismatist
Admin

PostSubject: Re: From where you get your new coins?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:00 pm

Bantayan wrote:
Hello I am new here but i am collecting coins allready my whole live. Since i am living in the Phillippins i try to start my collection of all coins who was circulating in the philippines.

In europe ( i´am german) its easy there are plenty of sellers, Flea markets where you find often some nice coins but here in the Philippines its hard to get them. Only Buying on Ebay.com is boring in my Opinion. So i startet Searching in the citys to small private Dealers at the street. Often they offer Morgan Fakes but sometimes you could get there some interessing coins.

One of my other Sources are Bullion dealer who buy and Sell gold and silver. Very often i get there the old 1 peso coins 1903-1912 for only 325 Peso each. Some times some rare ones but mostly common silver ones.

At last i put for 2 Years a big sign to my House in buying old invalid coins & bills. I guess that was the funnies thing i have ever done and i never belive that in a small town wher i live in two years i get arround 8000 old coins from all the world. Sure the most are common ones but i get also some very old and rare silver coins.

The best what i get was a 10 Centavo 1910 for 5 Peso.

What i am missing here are Banks who are selling Bullion Coins. Maybe tehere are some but then i never found them. If somebody knows banks who sell coins i´am happy about every Information

How did you hunt your coins. Till today i never found a coin shop in the philippines. If there are some please give me the adresse, and landline nummber i will visit them.

Bantayan

Do you have an image of your 1910-S Ten Centavos? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.filipinonumismatist.com
abe

PostSubject: 1910-s   Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:22 pm

bantayan can you please post a scanned pic. of the 10cnts 1910-s? tnx
Back to top Go down
Bantayan

PostSubject: Re: From where you get your new coins?   Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:09 am

I will bring it to the next auction in Manila than you could check it youyr self in reality. I don´t have scanner and with my camera its to bad quality

Regards Bantayan
Back to top Go down
Bantayan

PostSubject: Re: From where you get your new coins?   Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:51 pm

24kcollector wrote:
Hey there. If you haven't check this out, there is an old coins and bank note antique shop in Tiendesitas, Pasig City Philippines. My last visit there was 2 yrs ago but I'm sure its still there. I hope this helps you.

10 Days ago i was in Tiendesitas. Its a nice shopping area but the vendors there told me that the shop moved to another area. Even asking 30 other vendors nobody knows where he moved his shop. To bad i extra fly to Manila.
Back to top Go down
leafar888

PostSubject: Re: From where you get your new coins?   Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:17 pm

I suggest you go to Greenhills Shopping Center. Jun Cuartero of JC Coins can sell you some coins. He is located in the 2nd floor of the Lifestyle Building (the building with Automatic Centre and Chowking fronting Ortigas Avenue).
Back to top Go down
Bantayan

PostSubject: Re: From where you get your new coins?   Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Hello leafar888

Thats a new try out :-) I have to go this month again to manila so i will try it out. Thx

regards Bantayan
Back to top Go down
ericgo

PostSubject: Re: From where you get your new coins?   Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:48 pm

are there any other coin shops in the pasig/mandaluyong area?

i used to visit the store in tiendesitas but it has closed already. I sometimes visit world treasures in megamall but i find that the coins they have there are pretty limited
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From where you get your new coins?   Today at 9:33 pm

Back to top Go down

From where you get your new coins?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1