lizjensen001

abe

DIC

kolektor

Most Viewed Topics
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
United States Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
Philippine Gold Coins
BNSP Auction
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
el banco español filipino de isabel II (1852, 1865)
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
Most active topic starters
al.plata

filipinonumismatist

josie

lizjensen001

Kalookan

nic

abe

DIC

Rudi Smits

edbsbc78

Share | 

eBay payment ways

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nic

PostSubject: eBay payment ways   Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:20 am

What would be the easiest and safest way to pay eBay purchases, by your experience, by paypal or card?

I am unfamiliar with paypal, how does it go? Smile

Requesting and thank you for the comments from those buying eBay and with experience buying from this location, the Philippines
Back to top Go down
abe

PostSubject: paypal   Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:38 pm

when you have a credit card you can register it online at the website of paypal. after the processes. when you want to buy something online you are just going to SEND the money to the email add of your seller. and vice versa if you want to sell something online.

PS. the seller must also have a paypal account for him to recieve it. ask them first.

paypal is much safer because you are not going to send your credit card's no. and informations to the CHECK OUT field.

as for my experience, since I dont have any credit card(I am still underage) I am using money order. the only setback is that it is unpractical specially when the sum of your item and its shipping cost is much lower than the transaction fee.

hope this helps..... ABE
Back to top Go down
nic

PostSubject: Re: eBay payment ways   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:18 pm

Thanks Abe, I have never tried money order before. by your experience does it get the job done? Post Office money order paid in Pesos and to be paid in US$ at destination? is that the way it goes? How fast, also by mail?

Sorry for the inexperience, havent done this money order thing before.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
abe

PostSubject: mo0ney order   Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:50 am

I do not trust the post office in terms of their money order services. I go for western union or money gram. money gram is much cheaper(services)

you will pay the item in cash+the said shipping fee(peso) thru your chosen branch plus the transfer fee(the fee will depend upon how much is the money that you will send and the location of the receiver) and it will be sent there in the form of their currency. after the transaction you will give the control no. the the seller for him to claim the money that you sent. it will take 15mins for the seller to receive your payment.
Back to top Go down
nic

PostSubject: Re: eBay payment ways   Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:14 pm

thanks Abe, that info was a surprise, 15 minutes, ok! Laughing
Back to top Go down
walangpera

PostSubject: Re: eBay payment ways   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:03 am

i would suggest to use paypal. this requires a bank account or credit card and a confirmed address. this will help you not reveal your name account to the seller.

also in case of dispute, paypal will return your money. i had several experiences with bad sellers who don't deliver the products and when I complain to Paypal I did get my money back.
Back to top Go down
magestic

PostSubject: Re: eBay payment ways   Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Paypal is also open to people scamming sellers by claiming they didnt receive the item. Paypal favours the buyer on ebay far too much and doesnt protect the seller at all.
Back to top Go down
walangpera

PostSubject: Re: eBay payment ways   Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:26 pm

Seller has protection too in Paypal. This is due to the shipping number that you gave to Paypal. If you use a courier a tracking reference number will be provided and therefore a delivery confirmation is available.

The only issue is if you use a delivery method where delivery could not be confirmed. That means any method of payment either bank transfer / credit card payment / remittance center would not be helpful as the seller already got the money eventhough buyer did not receive the item.

For seller's protection, they should use a delivery method where confirmation is available. In both ways, seller and buyer are protected. Purchasing insurance too is available so in case of non delivery one is insured.
Back to top Go down
kolektor

PostSubject: Re: eBay payment ways   Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:38 am

What I hate about ebay is the way they regulate feedbacks. Sometimes buyers leave negative feedbacks even though they received the items at the right time and in excellent condition just to make threat to have the seller refund the payment. It already happened to me when the buyer informed me that the item he bought was not the right item, he requested a refund which I did after he assured me that he would return it. He threatened me with negative feedbacks so I gave in to his demands. Is there any way Ebay could protect sellers from these fraudsters?
Back to top Go down
magestic

PostSubject: Re: eBay payment ways   Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:30 am

Ebay will screw over the seller and benefit the buyer only. Ebay is very safe for buyers. Example the buyer can claim the coin is fake even though it isnt fake. Apart from being able to give a negative feedback if the seller didnt refund them they can also file a claim on paypal. Paypal will always favour the buyer in 90% of the times. Even if the buyer lost he could then threaten negative feedback. Unless you have over 1000 feedback then 1 negative doesnt matter. Not many people have 1000 feedbacks.

I think once ebay looses all its sellers and they start loosing money then maybe they will offer better protection for the seller. Also if 2 or 3 people file simultaneous claims on paypal at the same time for non delivery or an item is fake ebay will suspend your account and you will be NARUD easily.

So if you are a buyer you have no risk at all in buying on ebay.
Back to top Go down
kolektor

PostSubject: Re: eBay payment ways   Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:46 am

Do you know any alternative to ebay?
Back to top Go down
walangpera

PostSubject: Re: eBay payment ways   Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:55 pm

To me, I would prefer ebay still maybe because I am a buyer and always pay in Paypal

When I had to dispute the seller thru paypal, I got my money back but it is quite long. I am trying to look for the note that in case of items not genuine or authentic, the buyer has to prove thru a professional that the item is not as described.

There are certainly other auction sites like www.souq.com for the middle east, ubid, online auction and others.

The best way is still pay thru paypal. It is just too long for the resolution but still was able to get the money back.
Back to top Go down
kolektor

PostSubject: Re: eBay payment ways   Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:24 pm

I think Ebay should way its business not only becoming more favorable with buyers. Besides, transaction fees are being charge and shouldered by sellers, including payment made by buyers through paypal.
Back to top Go down
walangpera

PostSubject: Re: eBay payment ways   Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:00 am

I know that is not good with ebay and getting paypal payments because the net payment received would be over 80% only.

I would rather get more money than ebay or paypal getting it. If there is a cheaper and secure way of buying or selling definitely I would avoid paypal and ebay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eBay payment ways   

Back to top Go down

eBay payment ways
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1